Friday 8 May 2015

Q3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?


i used Imessage and Facebook (web 2.0) to gain feedback from close friends and family, alot of positive feedback however  some negatives such as the out of lip sync around the 1:00 minute mark. i would go back and edit my video again however when i tried to do this i realised that it was sang too slow, and then if i tried to speed it up it was always too fast. i was going to delete the clip however it was the only shot i got against a brick wall and i thought i would get more marks for the different locations i used.



the focus group gave me feedback on my digipak and magazine advert,

from my audience research survey, they agreed most of using different types of shots and camera angles to make my video more interesting. i believe i have learnt from this because i have used a variety of camera angles and shots in my video.

however one way that i challenge my feedback is that my actress doesn't fit the music genre. this is because they song is about breaking the rules so i wanted her to look more rebellious rather than a perfect bimbo stereotype for pop music genre.














the people that answered my survey said that they liked the use of slow motion, fast paced editing,flash backs, bright colours, different costumes, more than one actor in a video, lip sync and different locations. i have used all of these different strategies in my music video.
however they said they didn't like blurring and smoke machines therefor i shall not include them in my music video. i did include blurring in my video because it fits in when the music slows pace.




this shows that audience prefer abstract music videos will 11 people voting narrative and only 3 people voting for abstract music videos. Therefor i have done a narrative music video for my own work. the narrative is that its a school girls who breaks all the rules, comes home and dresses up to go out drinking and causing trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment